The Historische Stadthalle Wuppertal is centrally located on the Johannisberg in the south of Elberfeld, not far from the city center and Wuppertal’s main train station. It is easy to reach by public transport, by car and from the airports of Dusseldorf, Dortmund and Cologne/Bonn. The ICE train station, many hotels and the city center are only a few minutes walk away.
Foto: Andreas Picker
Arrival by public transport
The Historic Townhall Wuppertal can be reached from Wuppertal main station in a few minutes walk (200 m / 5 min.).
Direct connection to regional transport (RE/S) and long-distance transport (IC/ICE).
Important information: Train service between Wuppertal-Vohwinkel and Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (main station) will be closed. Replacement buses are running for the cancelled trains. Delays must be expected. Please inform yourself via the “DB Fahrtplanauskunft”.
We offer the danceComp-Shuttle Service from/to Düsseldorf Airport for 35 € per person per way. Book shuttle in the ticket shop now!
All major bus routes to inner-city destinations.
The famous Schwebebahn (Suspension Railway) runs between Vohwinkel and Oberbarmen every few minutes.
Anreise mit dem PKW
If you arrive by car, you will find parking spaces (and underground parking) between Historische Stadthalle, Schwimmoper and Vienna House Easy Wuppertal Hotel and in the parking garage street “Johannisberg”.
Historische Stadthalle Wuppertal
Motorway A46 from direction Düsseldorf
Exit ‘Wuppertal-Cronenberg-Ronsdorf / Kiesbergtunnel’ – follow the L418 – exit ‘Wuppertal-Elberfeld / Universität’ – after the tunnel continue on ‘Neviandtstraße / Viehhofstraße’ – at the end of the street turn left into ‘Südstraße’ – straight ahead cross ‘Bahnhofstraße’ – parking lot and parking garage ‘Stadthalle/Hotel’ directly behind the crossing on the right side.
Motorway A46 from direction Wuppertal North
Exit Wuppertal Katernberg – get into the right lane in the direction of Elberfeld – follow the signs to the parking zone ‘Stadthalle/Johannisberg’
- Parking garage “Johannisberg”, Johannisberg 1, 42103 Wuppertal
- Parking & Parking garage Südstraße, Südstraße 26, 42103 Wuppertal
Arrival by plane
There are three airports in the area with national and international connections. We recommend traveling via Dusseldorf Airport (best connection to the venue).
The onward journey to Wuppertal can be made by public transport or car/taxi. The danceComp organization team also offers individual shuttle rides on demand and according to availability, which are carried out by volunteers.
- from Dusseldorf Airport (train): approx. 40 – 50 min.
- from Cologne/Bonn Airport (train): approx. 50 – 60 min.
- from Dortmund Airport (bus+train): approx. 65 – 75 min.
- from Dusseldorf Airport: approx. 35 – 50 min. (by Taxi: approx. 100 €)
- from Cologne/Bonn Airport: approx. 40 – 60 min. (by Taxi: approx. 135 €)
- from Dortmund Airport: approx. 45 – 75 min. (by Taxi: approx. 120 €)
- from/to Dusseldorf Airport: 35 € per person each way
- from/to Dortmund Airport: 50 € per person each way
- from/to Cologne/Bonn Airport: 70 € per person each way